Since the last time I posted, I have just been busy. I haven't made the time to get on to post. So, here goes the updates.
April 11 - Saturday - Was Kyle's mom's birthday. She requested a microwave for her birthday, since her apartment didn't furnish one. She didn't realize how much she wanted to use one until she didn't have one. I think she would just rather make something simple in the microwave than to cook a big meal for just her. I don't blame her because I do that too. I am all for a whole box of macaroni for dinner.
That night, Kyle got off and told me we could do whatever I wanted to do. He said he didn't want to talk to any of his friends and that it was our night to do something. I'm lame I guess and chose to go to the movies. We watched Knowing. It was pretty good, but it ended up being a biblical kind of meaning. We weren't expecting that. It is pretty scary to think that the earth really could be hit by a solar flare one day. After the movie, he gave into his friends and we met them downtown. It was Oakwood's reunion, so we watched DJ Fresh play at Crossroads. It was packed!!
April 16th - Thursday - I went to take my pictures with Candace right after work. **See previous post** Then, I met up with Sarah, Heather, and Jessi for the Cirque du Soleil - Saltimbanco show at the VBC. You should check out the trailer if you've never been to one. I had never heard of it until Heather brought it up. She said they have them in Vegas all the time. NASA employees got 50% off, so Heather and I could get the discount. It was amazing!! Our seats sucked at first, but since it wasn't full, we moved closer and towards the front after intermission. Those people are amazing. I couldn't believe the things they could do. It was unreal. I had never even been to a regular circus, much less this kind. I couldn't believe they were coming to Huntsville either. We had a good time!
April 18th - Saturday - My dad called me Friday night. He asked me what I was doing Saturday. I was supposed to try to read a book for a test I had on Sunday and proof my pictures with Candace. He has been off all week from work before his month long outage and wanted to go fishing Saturday. I said absolutely I will go with you. I was so excited!! Lissy and Daddy time! I was up early at around 7 to get ready and head to mom and dad's. I luckily remembered to ask about a fishing license and found that you can now do them online. That was awesome. I printed one real quick...or well dial up quick. We stopped to get a few snacks and drinks and hit the road. We put in a Priceville. We got on the waters around probably 9. Dad caught a fish right away, but it was a baby Stripe. We were fishing for Crappie. We had about 4-5 poles out with minnows on them. No luck for hours.
Luckily, I did get a license, because we got checked by a game warden. I had never had that happen before, but then again I have only been out a couple of times. Dad said that was a well spent $12, because it probably would have been over a $100 fine. I'm so glad we did that. After a few hours, dad needed to potty...so I figured I might as well too. So, we pulled over to a bank so I could hop out and tinkle in the sage grass. ha ha! I only got a little on my pants. ew! gross! ha ha! We only caught 4 small fish the whole time. Two crappie and two stripe. None of them were worth keeping, but we sure enjoyed the pretty day on the water. I actually got to drive the boat. Boy was I nervous! I've had my boating license since I was 15-16, but I've never driven one. It was hard to turn that big sucker to keep between the buoys for the creek channel. It was fun though. I'm just a little too short to see over the visor though.
Later on that night, we went to dinner with Angie, Josh, Heather, Derek, and some others. We had a yummy Outback dinner. We wanted to hang out, so we went to the Station for a while, but the band was not good at all. So, why not shake a leg. You know I like to. So, we went to the good old Horse and danced all night. Or Angie and I did anyway. We had a great time.
April 19th - Sunday - I read the Goal book for class. Or should I say read half the book. It was a book I had to read for class. I had only read a couple of chapters before then and the test was due that night. I read all day and only made it halfway through. I just quit and took the test. I thought it seemed pretty easy to have only read half the book. It was mainly definitions and stuff. I made a 41/50 = 82. I was disappointed in myself, but I couldn't get into the book to go faster. I will probably end up with a B in that class, because all he gave for work was exams. I have 3 Bs and 2-3 As. I am upset with a B! I wanted an A. Maybe he will curve the grades...yeah right...hopefully though.
Like I said before, tonight is my last bachelors class! I am so pumped. Wish me luck on my presentation tonight. My teacher is super nice and fun, so I am not at all nervous....yet. I think we will do just fine. I'll try not to go so long next time. I will no longer have homework, so I have no excuses now.
16 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment