Behind on recapping the weekend...
Friday night, Kyle, Derek, Heather, and I went to meet up with his general manager. Kyle recently changed companies and is loving it. Another salesman also came to hang out. His co-workers were both really nice. The boys for sure had a good time. Heather and I just sat back and watched while trying not to fall asleep. Getting up early on Friday and going out till 2 just doesn't mix well. When leaving, we met a homeless man in the parking lot. He was cracking us up. He was trying to smash the two nuts that Derek found in the bathroom on the counter. We tried to tell him they were just potpourri, but he didn't want to believe us. It was so funny.
Saturday, I had a pedi. It was my first one since November, so I was so excited. The weather has been beautiful lately, so I really wanted to stay out and enjoy it. When I got home, I took the dogs out to play with them. I turned on the faucet to let them get wet so they would be cool outside...it was 80 something degrees. Well, that didn't turn out as well as planned. Be and Serenity got into a fight over the water. I couldn't break them up for a good 10 minutes probably. Their fights aren't small ones either. It was awful. I had to call mom over to help get them. I finally broke them up by myself. When mom got there, I was sitting on Serenity and holding Be with the other arm away from her. Be's leg was gashed open and she was limping pretty bad. Serenity's ear was pretty chewed up. It was so sad. Be went to the vet Monday though and they gave her some medicine to feel better. Its looking a lot better now. We have kept them separated so far until Be's leg gets better. We are hoping it won't happen again when they see each other for the first time again.
Well, even after writing about Kyle and Derek's crazy fishing story, I ended up going fishing with him Sunday on the creek. I have given him grief for months now about never taking me with him or going on days that I can't. I really have just been jealous, because I like to fish too. Especially when I know they are catching a lot of fish on the creek. He would come saying - I caught so many fish, they were huge, it is so much fun. Then, when I would say that I want to go, it turned in to - you would hate it, there are these huge spiders that look like chipmunks, you probably can't help me lift the boat, you have to get muddy and wet. I told him every time that he doesn't know how much of a tom boy I am I don't think. I finally got to go even after hearing about "bulls" trying to attack them last Thursday. Ha ha!
Heather and Derek brought their canoe that K&D usually use. Kyle and I used dad's flat bottom plastic boat that is bigger. I caught the first fish from the bank before ever getting in the boat. It was almost the biggest one of the day. It was still a small brim, but that was bigger than all the others. And the float begin about 2. We stopped here and there to get off and fish when we saw a good spot. I was after a bull frog (imagine that) when we stopped once, and I scarred a snake into the water. Yikes! I caught the most fish all day, but they were all tiny little brim or sun fish. Kyle caught a few pretty big bass. He so did not want me to try with his reel. I asked him to let me try since he caught 3 in a row. He knows I'm not got at the technique of bass fishing. I kept messing up. He said, "We are in prime real estate and you are messing it up." Ha ha! So, I gave it back to him and stomped off to do my own fishing. Derek almost caught this huge bass! I wasn't close by when it happened, but they swore it was the biggest bass ever. He stayed by that spot to try forever to catch him. Later on, I went back where he was and threw in my worm. He said he may take it since he was tired of seeing his top water bait. I threw it out there and after a few minutes, under it went! I was sure it was just a brim or something and there in the clear water swam the huge bass on my hook! I started squealing and reeling as fast as I could. The fish twitched once and off he went. Dang!! I was so close! I saw him though, so I know he was big. Oh well...maybe next time.
The sun started setting on us, so we hurried along. We kept thinking the bridge had to be close by now. It was another 20-30 minutes though that we were paddling in the dark. H&D had a trolling motor on their canoe, so they were lucky. I don't think they used it much, but they had a lot less weight to paddle than our huge boat. It felt like forever in the dark we were paddling. We would run into tree limbs covered in spider webs not knowing if they were all over you or not. Gross!! When we were almost back, I realized what an idiot I was. I left the keys to my car, which is parked at the ending bridge, in Kyle's truck where we started. I had to call mom to come rescue us. Heather's mom already send her brother after us, so he was also there waiting. Mom slipped on the rocks and almost tumbled into the creek trying to help us out of the boat. Luckily, she didn't and was ok but just a little muddy. Boy was it still an adventure. I don't think they are ever normal. I guess that's what nature is like...you never know what is going to happen. I had a great time though. It was so weird to ride in a car after being on the creek all day. It felt like we were still rippling and going to crash into all those trees again. So funny. I would totally do it again though.
I have now seen it all today at work. I was just introduced to Batman. He had on a cape, a batman shirt, and a batman belt. His business cards say his name with batman in parenthesis with a batman symbol hole punched in it. He said he drives a very recognizable black truck with batman symbols on it. He passed out a batman iron on patch to those of us who came to see him. He said he found them on ebay for all the shirts he has that aren't batman. He has been to the real bat cave and came running out of it. He has been to the museums where 3 of the bat mobiles are. He was really obsessed. It was cool to see, but I could not believe it. Everyone at work knows him as Batman. I've heard of him before, but it was my first time meeting him. It was wild. I guess I have just never been that into something. But hey, whatever makes you happy.




1 comments:
Hope your fur babies get better soon! OK, I did not see the Batman guy. You will HAVE to fill me in!
Post a Comment