Ahhhhh...what a tiring weekend. I got to leave work early Friday to go judge a dance team tryout in McMinnville, TN. Kristen was already a member of this company, but she needed some dance team help. Since I danced in high school and professionally in Huntsville, she asked me could I help. I asked one of my old friends Jennifer to help out too. It was a 2 hour drive from the arsenal. Jennifer met us on the way and rode with us. The tryouts started at 4:30. We had no idea what to expect, but they actually had some pretty good girls. There were 24 of them trying out. They got to do something I had never done before was to do their own dance as part of the tryout. The school paid a choreographer to come teach them individual dances. They were all dressed differently, did different styles of dance, and different kinds of music. It made it tough to judge them against one another, because it was pom, lyrical, and hip hop. We were all so nervous to judge. You don't realize how hard it is to judge someone 1 out of 10. You feel horrible to judge them lower than a certain amount. We got to take a break and go eat at chicken salad sandwich in the back while they changed into matching outfits. They did a clinical dance that was the same for everyone. As soon as they finished that, they had to do their technical stuff. They had a lot of technique on the team. There were probably only 3 that didn't make the team. It was so much fun though. It was a fun girl trip ride up there and a fun to judge.
I then stayed the night with Kristen Friday night. So, that was a 3 hour ride home because Arab is 45 minutes from the arsenal. Whew! That's a lot of driving. We stayed awake for a while and finally crawled in bed at midnight. We had a big day coming up with moving. Josh was sweet enough to let me sleep with Kristen so that we could watch TV. I was knocked out. Kristen was over there with her happy eye pillows. We got up around 7:15 Saturday and began the move. I got to meet Teri's husband Thomas for the first time. I felt like I knew him already from all the pictures I've seen. Kristen, Teri, and I had a good time despite all the moving. We went and recruited boxes from grocery stores. We found that it didn't pay for us to ask girls. They were not as willing to give us boxes as the guys. ha! We loaded the SUV with all the boxes and tried to find a way to sit. We packed and moved until about 5:30 when I headed home. It was an interesting experience to say the least. I will let Kristen tell that story if she wants to. The house did smell like a massive moth ball. It was awful! We finally located them under the house. There were hundreds in the crawl space. Gross! Why would someone ever do that?? I would rather have a snake than that smell. I think we took care of it the best with could with lots of Air Wicks and Febreeze. Even though we were working, I still had a good time. It was the first stn party I had with Kristen and probably the longest I've gotten to spend with her. I tell her all the time we are strangers in our personal lives. It was so much fun getting to sit back and see how she operates on a daily basis.




When I got home Saturday, we had a few people over. I was fighting to stay awake while the company was here. The boys were watching the game and playing cards. The girls went to my room to watch TV and hang out. I lasted till about 1 something...barely. I still feel asleep on Kyle's shoulder while company was still over. I think they are used to it though. They knew I had a long day and understood.
I slept in a little today. Isn't it funny how we think we "catch up" on our sleep. It sure felt good though. I was supposed to go take pictures with Candace today, but it ended up getting rainy. I will have to take them sometime this week. I'm taking them for my graduation invitations. I am so excited. She does such a good job already. I can't wait to take them and see the results. I'll make sure to show everyone. I hate we didn't get to take pictures today, but I was able to do my case study that was due today that I hadn't started on. Now, its back to work already tomorrow. I feel like I didn't get a weekend! I was glad though that it was pretty while we were moving Saturday. I do like to feel like I'm doing something and be outside when its like that. If i hadn't helped Kristen move, I would have just sat on the couch and not gotten to enjoy the weather.
Hope everyone has a good week!!




3 comments:
i love you so much for helping us out. my head hurts from the moth balls and the toilet not flushing and everything else that is wrong with the house. (trying to smile here..) thanks a ton again!!
I had so much fun with you Saturday!! you will need to send me the pictures you took!!!
I'm visiting over from Kristen's blog....your blog is oh-so-cute. Enjoyed reading about your Friday fun (I'm a former dancer myself).
Post a Comment