Waiting for...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
7:34 PM

Sarah & St. Patty

I'm updating two things in one, which I hate doing. However, I have been extremely busy at work (not that I'm supposed to do it there) and too tired when I get home.


We had Sarah (Say-ruh) a birthday party at our house for her 26th birthday. She is the oldest of our group of friend. I'm not far behind her though. It wasn't a lot of preparing for the party except to clean up the house. Friday night, H and I went to get the groceries for the party. She and I met up with hubby after that to eat some Thai food. I spent Saturday morning mopping the kitchen, cleaning the bathroom, and straightening up. I ran out of time before the party started because my day was packed. I got up early to clean, had a hair appointment (that lasts hours), then had to stop by DQ to get the delicious ice cream cake. I got home in time to straighten up a little more before it seemed like it was time to prepare food.

We had rotel cheese dip, H's special layer dip *yum*, dogs, burgers, brats, chips, and two liters. Oh, I almost forgot a mini-keg for the beer games and JELLO shots! Fun stuff! A friend of mine that I haven't hung out with in years came for the party. I was so excited. It was so good to see her. I really miss hanging out with her, but she has 3 beautiful daughters to take care of now. So, I completely understand. We started off our night testing the Jello shots...or shall I say Jello blobs? Kyle called them jello aliens. It was my first attempt making them and forgot to buy cups. So, I just used ice cube trays and we shot them with spoons. Ha! It worked though, but boy were they strong! After a few of those to warm up your cheeks, we finally played some beer pong. I swear I used to be good, but not that night. I don't know what happened?? We ended up playing flip cup so that everyone that wanted could play. Girls totally ruled the boys!



After a few of these drinks, choking down some food, and eating the ice cream cake...came the ice cream fight? Jessi decides to smash a piece of cake into Sarah's face which then resulted in a handful of the cake from Sarah into Jessi's face. See cake below. Ha! Nice hand swipe in it. We all had a great time hanging out, having a few drinks, playing cards, and listening to music. I'm pretty sure Sarah had a great birthday, because she told me several times "This is the best birthday ever!" ha! I'm so glad she had fun. Thanks to Heather for helping make this party possible.




St. Patty's day was pretty good. H, D, Kyle, and I went downtown for the "block party". I was a little confused, because the block was not blocked off like I thought it was. It was the same bars that are always open. I don't get it. Anyway, we headed upstairs to grab us a table where we ordered some grub and had a couple of drinks. They didn't have green beer for us to drink. What is up with that? Instead I got a mango and apple martini. By the apple one, they had ran out of glasses, so see below how I got my drink. We then headed to see a band that was playing and paid $10 to get in. The band didn't start forever, and it ended up being a hippy band. It was definitely interesting. I never heard them say a word, they just played the keyboard and drums. They had a guy in the background painting a picture while they played. The only thing I could figure out is that maybe he draws whatever the music makes him feel? I'm not really sure. I had never seen that before. We left Kyle there to hang out more, because H and I were sleepy. I still got home pretty early, so that I was not worn out at work the next day.


Work has been extremely busy because one of the three of us have been out this week. An organization keeps authorization folks to spend some money, and I have been busy! Stop giving money away!! j/k Its job security. At least I have been busy. I was afraid with everyone gone on spring break that it would be so slow that I would be bored. No true....at all. Speaking of spring break, I only have 4 weeks of school left!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! Crazy! I will soon be a true Accountant!! Well, if you can call me that without me having a CPA. I don't want that at all. I am not even sure I want to be an accountant any more, but it is a degree and I will take it!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend coming up! I am back to school next week then off to Tunica for my dad's 60th birthday. Awww I can't believe it! He will always be 45 to me. I don't know why. I am so excited to be going on this trip with them. I am really sad my sister can't make it. It will be the first family vacation since I was like 5. I am so excited. I'm so excited for dad to get to have some fun instead of work all the time. I'm hoping it will be a fun and relaxing weekend for him and that we don't lose too much money. I can't wait!

0 comments: