We had a pretty good weekend. We spent Friday night at home relaxing, since Kyle fished all day and was wore out. I was tired myself though...work has been busy. I was the only one in my group on Friday for a couple of hours and didn't leave when I was supposed to.
Saturday, I was determined to set an alarm so that I wouldn't oversleep when I knew it was going to be a beautiful day. I got up, cleaned the house like every other Saturday, and went outside. I threw on some shorts and tank top because it was like 75 outside. I tackled that nasty garage. I backed the car out and got everything set outside that I could. I swept all the grass and pieces of burnt paper out of there. Yeah, burnt paper. My chiminea was left in the garage and it got windy, so it blew burnt paper all inside the garage. I organized all of the bottles of cleaning stuff in a cabinet we have out there. I lined everything up around the edge of the walls to make room for stuff. I put boxes up in the attic that I had gotten down for Christmas stuff. It's about time. I used an old plastic garbage can to hold all of Kyle's fishing poles, since now he has like 15 poles!! They are kind of all tangled now, but at least there aren't 5 poles here and there all over the garage.
In the middle of my cleaning, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was two holy rollers (I hope that's not a mean term) walking up the driveway. I felt a little awkward standing there in shorts, a too small tank top, gloves on, broom in hand, and 103.5 jamming on my car radio as they walked up and asked me if I knew about Joseph Smith being born in 1820 or whatever they said. Then, they proceeded to pull out the Book of Mormon and read me like 2 pages of it. Nothing against that religion or any other, but it was so awkward for me. I was sweeping my garage and up they walked. After all of that, I weeded my flower beds, clipped the bushes, pulled up the dead stuff, and drowned some ant beds. I felt pretty accomplished. Serenity was out front helping me most of the time...or well, playing was more like it. She liked to roll around on the dead sod and get dirty. We went to a surprise birthday party for a friend of ours that night and came home fairly early.
Today, Kyle went fishing AGAIN. He swears they catch monster fish, but they never want me to go. They swear I would hate it, but they go all the time. Ha ha! Oh well. I got to finish up some homework. Daddy stopped by and posted a blue bird box on my fence out back. I left with him and went to Mom and Dad's. I wanted to be outside in the pretty weather, but I had done all my chores here at home. I told Dad I would help him outside. We got in the boat on the pond and paddled around to scoop out all of the lily pad pods. I guess that is what they are called. They took over the entire pond these last couple of years and have made it extremely hard to fish. We tried to get all of the seed pods out before they produced even more of those annoying things. While trying to catch some smaller fish, mom scooped out this baby snapping turtle. It would be a precious little thing if it wasn't a dang snapper. We grilled out again like almost every other Sunday. H&D came over to eat with us. Now, its time for bed while it seems like 10:30, the time has changed to 11:30. I need to get to sleep. Hope everyone has a great week!

16 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment