Waiting for...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
9:16 AM

V and P Day

Well, my Valentine’s Day was rather interesting. We didn’t do anything fancy. I told Kyle he better not get me anything. I really meant it though. I wasn’t saying that to trick him and hope that he really would. I really meant it. There wasn’t a thing that I needed and I wasn’t getting him anything either. He did good and listened to me. He always goes over board and spends way more on me than he should, but he says I am his wife and he can get me nice things if he wants. I can’t argue with that, but sometimes it just isn’t sensible.

We were silly and didn’t make a reservation for dinner. We wanted to try this new Japanese restaurant by our house. It was pretty new and in a shopping center so I didn’t think it would be that busy. Boy was I wrong! It was packed. No one was in line waiting so I thought we got in easy. The lady said an hour and a half wait! We said no thank you. We drove all the way down 72 looking at different places. My taste buds were set on Japanese now. Everywhere we stopped had people lined outside or the wait was forever. I didn’t think we were ever going to find a place. We tried to go into Bridgestreet to see about any of the restaurants in there. It looked like Christmas shopping there. There were lines and lines of cars going in there and the back parking lot across the street was full. We nixed that idea too. Too bad we weren’t driving a Lexus or we could have gotten free valet. I am sure valet was full too though.

We drove all around still looking and ended up down Airport Rd. Bonefish is another one of my favorites, but they had people waiting outside. Dang it. I was so mad by this point I was almost ready to go home. It was no one’s fault but our own for not making reservations, but I will still mad. I am impatient. I hate waiting and turning around or going in circle is one of my worst pet peeves. We finally ended up at O’Charley’s way out there.

We sat at the bar during our 20 minute wait and ordered a drink. Kyle thought they were seating people that came in after us, so he checked. Wow, they were ready for us right away. We had already noticed that had a ton of empty tables all around us, but they weren’t seating anyone. As we were guided to our table, one of the employees was griping that they hadn’t seated anyone in his area in 45 minutes! Another employee commented in my ear, be glad you don’t work here. haha! We were seated at a two person table near the kitchen. The table kind of sucked because right over this small wall was another couple right next to us. You felt like they could hear everything you were saying, so you almost hated to talk. I asked the waitress for A1 at one point and the guy next to us handed me theirs. See what I mean.

The interesting part of the night was that the restaurant just didn’t seem to be prepared for that many people or something. One of the waiters started coming out of the kitchen door with a tray over his head. I saw in slow motion that his tray wouldn’t fit through the one open door and there the plates went crashing down throwing fries and whatever else across the place. I could see through the kitchen window that the manager called them all together and seemed to be telling them about themselves. A few minutes later, I heard someone kind of holler and the manager went around the back corner of the kitchen. All of a sudden a few minutes later we saw flashing lights. In came a medical staff from an ambulance parked outside. We later found out a girl fell or passed out in the back and hit her head. Poor girl – she really had a bad Valentine’s Day. There were a couple of gnats flying around my head. My filet wasn’t as good as Kyle’s sirloin. I had to saw it with my knife. That is not the way it is supposed to be!! When my second drink gets there (after about 15 minutes from ordering it), I was stirring it to find something dark in it. Luckily it was frozen in the piece of ice. I thought it was just dirt or something in the ice, but it looked gray. Kyle swore it was a bug, but I said it wasn’t. He melted to ice to get to the mysterious piece of whatever it was. It was a string or something because he was holding the ice by it once it melted down. It almost looked like a piece of brillo pad frozen in there. Gross. I am sure the alcohol killed whatever it was in my drink, and I haven’t died yet. I think it was ok.

I think we were wore out from that whole evening. After 45 minutes of driving in circles, having a crazy experience at the restaurant, and two margaritas, we said we were just going home. We kind of wanted to go see a movie, but we just went home instead. We were probably home by 10, and Kyle was snoring not long after that. Of course it was great to spend with my husband, but boy it was a weird night!!



I got to spend my first President’s Day with Kyle in a couple of years. We had a good day together. We went to Red Robin for lunch. mmmm…endless steak fries. What a mistake that almost was too. Duh – all kids are out of school too and I think every one in the local area was there eating. We both had burgers and fries. Yummy! A big fat grease burger hit the spot! Then, we were able to get our movie in that we wanted to see V-day. We watched The International. It was time for a quick rush through my most favorite place on earth {Sarcasm} – Wal-Mart. I swear we ran into everyone we know. It’s such a popular, fun place to be. We were in and out of there pretty fast and on the way home. It was a nice relaxing day with my husband. We caught up on 24, House, and The City before I hit the sack to come back to good ol’ work.

I hope everyone had a great and long weekend!

0 comments: