Well, I had a pretty good weekend overall. Friday, I got to eat lunch with Abbi and Kristen to visit with little K! He is precious. We ate at McAlister’s, which by the way I will probably never go back to again. Their service and food has been horrible the last 7 or 8 times we have been. The food takes 20 minutes to come out and that is usually after you have gone up there to complain. Then, it was like your food had just been sitting in the back waiting for someone to bring it out. Our food was cold. The last time I went, another lady I was with, her soup smelt like rotten milk. It was so nasty. I am just tired of the horrible service and cold food. Not sure how much more we will go there. I noticed the comment cards are no longer on the table. I guess they got tired of hearing all the bad comments. Yuck.
Saturday, I was in an organizing mood…imagine that. I cleaned up the house and uncluttered a few things in the living room. I had to stop myself to do some homework, because I literally would have organized all day long. I was on a time line since we were meeting H&D and Lindsey for dinner while she was home from Auburn. A good 10-15 of us had dinner at a Mexican Restaurant. Good food and margaritas. We had several other offers to do stuff, so we weren’t sure where we were going from there. We did go to Bridgestreet for a few minutes before heading off to downtown. In the meantime, we changed our minds and went to meet up with some people for a birthday party of one of our friend’s. It was an all black party. I wore all black with jeans just in case we went. I ended up changing shirts in the car. Turtlenecks, clubs, and dancing just don’t really mix. Ha ha! We had a good time, and I danced till my toenails hurt. Again.
Sunday, we both felt a little like death warmed over, but I was up and running fairly early for such a late night. I don’t think I felt normal until about 6 PM. It was still ify then. Ha! Why do we do this to ourselves? I will never understand. We went to good ol’ Oakdale Grocery for some steaks. If you live close by, you don’t know what you’re missing if you’ve never had Oakdale’s. Most locals know all about it, but it is a small little country gas station that sales meat in the back. I know, it sounds weird, but it is so good! Every steak or pork chop comes with a free potato. Yummy. A good filet and potato for $25 for both of us, you can’t beat it. We took the food to a friend’s house and grilled out. Everyone loved the food.
My dad sent me this video over the weekend. I always love the animal stories. I think I am just amazed at how smart and loving they really are. Not only do I love the animal part of this story, but the meaning behind it as well.









0 comments:
Post a Comment