It is getting harder and harder to fight the urge of wanting to buy a new bed. I want one so bad. I think I have one picked out, but now the issue is the money to pay for it and what mattress to get! Ha! Does anyone have suggestions on a good mattress? We currently have a full and I really like the mattress we have now. I can’t remember what kind it is though. It is double pillow top. We want to get a King bed this time so that we can both fit comfortably. It is very rare that Kyle ever sleeps in the bed with me. He sleeps on the couch every night. He grew up doing that and likes it better I guess. He “says” if we had a bigger bed he would sleep with me more. Once we get a king bed, we will be able to put our bed and other furniture into a guest bedroom. We have two spare rooms that are not guest equipped. One has a sectional couch in it that has been turned into the dog room and they sleep on the couch. They have their own entertainment center with a TV playing to keep them company. The other room collects all too. It has the desktop computer, Kyle’s weight bench, a bookshelf of my textbooks, and a file cabinet. I am still debating which room to turn into the guest room because the other one would eventually turn into a baby room…I hope in the next year or so. The dog’s room has been so helpful though that I hate to get rid of it. They know to go to their room when we tell them and they sleep on that couch all night long. I had to stop letting them sleep in the floor of my room because every time I turned over or anything they were up in my face keeping me up at night. I am not sure what we would do with them if we converted both rooms. It’s a tough decision!
Here is a picture of the bed I want to get when I can get it. Now, the question is what mattress to put in it. I like anything but traditional just about, if you can't tell. We currently have a platform bed now too. I like different stuff. This bed excites me, because it involves organizing. You can buy an extra piece to go behind the headboard that is shelves on rollers. We have a very small bedroom, so the king will barely fit on its own. We would be able to work this bed and not have nightstands. We could put everything we want on the shelves and open them at night for the alarm if we needed to. I just love it! Here is a picture of the whole setup, but I would get us the black-brown color instead of oak or whatever. I for some reason cannot stand oak, but yet I have an oak table and several other pieces. I am more of a Cherry or Cocoa girl.
OR…OR…OR…
I could get this little gadget as pieces that hook to each side of the headboard, and these would be the nightstands. I can’t decide about these or the other. The other with rolling shelves looks much cleaner and crisper, but I think these are pretty nifty too. These things would probably cover part of our windows in the room, but it would be ok. We may end up changing the room around anyway. Right now, the bed has a window on each side of it.
I also want a TV stand of some kind for my ancient big screen. I love this one, but I seriously doubt that my oldie will fit on top of it. It is one of those floor big screens that are kind of wide. It’s really light weight though. I just can’t lie down in bed and see the TV all that good without flattening out everything under the covers. My bed is too high to see it. I need it up off the floor. Better yet..why don’t I just get a new one of those too? Haha this is all wishful window internet shopping!
I ran into this picture on one of the sites. I am totally going to do this in the house we build. How awesome would it be to have the washer and dryer in your closet?? No more lugging back and forth and no more excuses for leaving the basket of clean clothes in the floor to hang up. I also have wanted the front loaders anyway. Blue is my favorite color. Can I just purchase this whole setup, because I also have wanted the closet organizers too so that I can organize even more. I love all the cubbies and shelves.
We went to a home show when we first were talking about building the house right away. We saw this stove on display, and I loved it. Too bad so sad that it was way expensive, but it was the coolest thing ever. We wondered if it was still having the kinks worked out, because it was a brand new product. We thought it would be so expensive to get it fixed if it ever broke. This thing is amazing. Talk about making me some macaroni in about 9 minutes. That is what I am talking about!!! It boils water in about 90 seconds, it will only heat something that is magnetic, and it saves energy. What caught my eye when we walked by was a piece of paper that was between the pan and the eye and the water was just boiling away. Because the paper is not magnetic, it would not burn. The heat wouldn’t transfer to it like the pan. Therefore, I also touched my hand to it and it doesn’t burn. You can feel some warmth, but nothing like wanting to jerk your hand away. It was awesome!
Last but not least on my wishful thinking list for this week, I ran across these cute little magazine holders. Amber—I thought about you on this one. I love anything cute that will organize something for me. Organizing is so much fun. I am a little big OCD.
Maybe I will have more fun stuff to add to my list later. I am sure I can think of something. Please give me some ideas for mattresses!











0 comments:
Post a Comment