Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear PJ! Happy Birthday to you! 


PJ turned 29 years old this past weekend. Kyle drove down Friday night to hang out with some old friends at PJ's. I had a long busy day at work and didn't feel like going Friday night pretty late. I got up early Saturday morning and headed down there. I got there around 1 pm. PJ's uncle died earlier in the week, so he was attending a funeral at that time. Kyle, Douggie, and I ran to get me something to eat. Kyle let Douggie drive his car (6-spd), which was an interesting ride. Douggie just turned 21 and learned to drive a stick at 16 in a truck. He was shifting like he was driving his truck, and you could feel every gear. Kyle had to coach him that an A-4 is a little different than his truck. He was like a kid in a candy store driving Kyle's car. He said that he needed one of those, but he thought he would get too many speeding tickets. I can see why since at one straight shot he thought it was be fun to go about 100 mph. He looked in the mirror at me in the back seat for that motherly shaking of my head, like you had better stop. I know he enjoyed himself. I love driving my car even though it is not a 6 spd like Kyle's. Our cars hug every curve and have the ability to take off pretty fast. They can be fun, but I don't push my limits. I like to drive safe. Douggie said I needed to give him my car because I don't drive it fast enough. Even on the way home, Kyle and I left Birmingham at the same time. We at one point called one another, and he was 5 miles ahead of me. What the heck happened there? Obviously, I was doing the speed limit or within 5-10 over. I am safe!
Back to Saturday night. PJ had a lot of friends over to his house in Alabaster. I only knew a few of the people that came over, so I tried to hang close to Kyle aka my comfort zone. So, I ended up playing Tonk and Spades. I actually did pretty good. I played on Kyle's team for two rounds until we lost. We were playing to 5 points - 7 books = 1, 8 books = 2, 9 books = 3. After Kyle and I lost, we let others play. No one else wanted to play, so I teamed up with another guy and played 2 rounds with him before losing. We had a good time. I probably went to bed around 1 or so.
Sunday, we all got up and ready to head up to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch Sunday football - Cardinals vs. Eagles. I can't tell you much of what happened in the game, because I was playing the Texas Hold 'Em on the TV. I was in the top 5 for a minute. Then, how about when we are leaving I went all in to get rid of my money and won the round! Oh well though, it was time to head home. Although Nate and Dad came to let the puppies out while we were gone, they sure were happy to be out and with their mommy and daddy.



Luckily, I was off Monday to get to sleep in one more day. Kyle and I went to Movie Gallery to grab some newly released movies (don't tell Netflix). We ended up choosing 4 movies, and I wanted 2 things of candy - Sno Caps and Gobstoppers! Kyle went to the truck before I was done paying for everything. And here comes the decisions! If you know me, you know I am not good at those. She says to me that my current total is $22 and they have a $24 party pack. I looked hoping Kyle just so happened to come back inside, but he hadn't. Oh no, this meant a decision on my own. Ha! If you know me, you now that is me. I am going back and forth with the little me on one shoulder and the little Kyle on my other. I was saying do it! That is only $2 more. The deal was 4 movies, 4 candies, 4 popcorns, and 4 drinks. That is a lot for $2 more. The little Kyle on my shoulder was laughing at me that I couldn't decide and that I am always talked into paying more money for something just to get a perk. I always do that! I walk to the car with a, I forgot to mention, free tote full of stuff. He is looking out the window with his jaw dropped. I opened the truck door and said hush! He says, I have never come out of movie gallery with a big blue tote full of stuff. I just busted out laughing and told him that he shouldn't have left me alone to make a decision. He did finally agree though that it was a good deal for all of that stuff and that I made good choices on the candy. Yah! I did it all on my own. I had to decide what other two candies, 4 drinks, and between absolutely butter and butter popcorn. So, my final decision were - 2 Sprite, 2 Dr. Pepper, Sno Caps, Gobstoppers, Strawberry Sour straws, Milk Duds, 2 Absolutely butter popcorns, and 2 butter popcorns. I think I did an excellent job! Baby steps, baby steps.
16 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment