I had somewhat of an eventful weekend. We had a good time overall, but we also got some bad news from one of our friends.
Friday – A girl that I work with and am on the DEMA committee with found out Friday that her father passwed away. He lost his battle with cancer. I can't even imagine how she must feel. I believe the last I asked about him last week, he had decided to stop taking his chemo. I hate that for Jeana. Kristen and I started our weekend off with a yummy lunch at Cantina Laredo – her favorite place. It was only my second time eating there. If you know me, I am such a picky plain eater. I wasn’t that impressed the first time I went for it to be so expensive. However, this time it was actually pretty good. I think since I knew what to expect this time it was better. It is a little different from any other Mexican Restaurant that I go to. It has two kinds of salsas – one that is temperature cold and one temperature warm. I ate the cold one, and I think Kristen ate the warm one. I normally get cheese quesadillas at other Mexican places, but I guess CL is so fancy they don’t even have those on the menu. I ended up ordering the lunch special that had a beef fajita soft taco, a cheese enchilada, rice, and beans. The price of that was not too bad at around $9. Not any worse that Rosie’s. However, I guess it doesn’t really matter how much it cost, because Kristen and I got our lunches for free. It’s good to know people in high places! ha ha We went to Lucky so that I could try to find these jeans that I want oh so bad! Heather has some and they are so freaking cute. They are the Lola jeans I believe. They are 50% off, but they don’t have them in my large size! ha ha The guy said um, we don’t have any denim in a size 29. Wow, thanks buddy. ha! How about get some fat girl jeans in so that I can buy them! I guess I didn’t need to spend the money on them anyway.
Our friend Matt invited us to eat dinner in Bridgestreet, so we decided on Conner’s. What a lucky girl I am to eat twice in one day in Bridgestreet. We invited some of our friends as well to eat with us. Conner’s is one of my favorite places to eat – them and Bonefish Grill. They have the best steaks. I eat the Boursin Filet at Conner’s and had garlic mashed potatoes with a house salad with Thousand Island dressing. They even have really good salads. I am not a big salad eater, but theirs is yummy! I stole a little of Heather and Derek’s lobster dip as an appetizer. I got a full tummy and drank two pomegranate martinis. They were delicious as well. Very nice dinner time. We walked down to The Scene Lounge and hung out for a little while on the patio by the fireplaces. It started to mist a little, so I went inside. It was a Friday night where I had been up early, so I never can stay out too late on those nights. I was ready to crash by midnight.
Also Friday during the day, we received a call from our friend Nate that his girlfriend’s water broke. She was only 5 months pregnant. They rushed her to the hospital to try to get more fluid in her to keep the baby in and safe. They were originally going to keep her for two weeks. We were very sad to hear that and hopeful that everything would work out.
Saturday – It was my good friend Tiffany’s 25th birthday. She invited us out to eat at Friday’s at 7:00. Of course, she was late and we were the first of the party there – and we were 15 minutes late! Kyle and I just got spinach dip because we had already snacked during the day. I had a cosmo to go with my food. It was ok. I don’t drink those very much, but I was tired of the appletinis. Our friend’s Angie and Josh asked us to hang out with them later that night, so we left Friday’s to head to their house in Riverton. Their house is so amazing. It is so big and beautiful. It was a two story open floor plan. I was so excited that this would be where were spending the night at after we went out. We decided earlier in the day that we would like to go to the Horse to do something different. Angie and I also like to shake a tail feather. Angie and I danced the night away after that. My legs are still sore today from all the dancing. I love it so much! I always have a great time when I can shake a leg. ha ha! We stayed the night with them and stayed up well into Sunday morning. I was exhausted.


Sunday - Since we didn’t go to bed until 5 or 6, we slept until around 11. We jumped up quickly to get home, because our doggies hadn’t been let out since we left for dinner the night before. They were actually very good puppies and didn’t have any accidents or terrorize anything in their path. We lounged around the rest of the day. I finished up some homework that I had to do before tonight and hit the sack around 11:30. I received a text message from Abbi at 10:30 that said she had baby Keegan at 9:08 pm and he weighed 8lbs 6oz and was 21 inches long. I knew that she was getting induced that morning at 7 am. I was worried because I hadn’t heard from her all day until then. I am glad everything went well. Boy he is a big baby. I haven’t gotten to see him just yet. Hopefully I will in the next few days.
That was pretty much my eventful weekend. We went from dinner with friends, to celebrating a birthday, to mourning the death of an innocent baby, and then to excitement for the birth of a healthy baby boy. Wow, it has been a roller coaster.




0 comments:
Post a Comment