It is late, and I should be in bed. But - I had to write about this special day in history. Today our country inaugurated the first African-American President as the 44th President of the United States of America. How great does that sound and feel to say. No, I am not African-American, but I have very strong feelings on what is happening today. Whether you voted for Barack Obama or not, I would hope you could put all politcal views aside and say that you are happy to see America change the way it views the people within it.
Every time I hear him speak, I almost get tears in my eyes. If you know me and my politics, you would know I hate them and don't really pay much attention to them. I am just so proud for him, his wife, my husband and his family, and all other families. I have witnessed first hand unfair treatment of certain people. I want this to give them hope that things can change. We may all look different on the outside, but we all bleed red!
Obama and his wife are extremely smart. Mr. and Mrs. Obama make me smile. Looks can be deceiving, but if so they sure do have me fooled. But - to me, they look so in love. They have a beautiful family and appear to be the true White Picket fence family. Even with all they have been through as a family throughout this campaign, he can still shine that smile and give everything he can to even those who went against him.
Again, putting all politcal views aside, I think we have an intelligent, caring, family-oriented, REAL President. I am hopeful for what he can bring to this country. Whether the country gets better or worse while he is in office, I truly feel that I can trust that he tried his best. I hope he proves to everyone that you really can be the best you can be no matter what color your skin is.
Here's to change within the years to come and hope that my children will grow up in a world that they are accepted as an Amercian although they have a white mother and a black father.
Yes we can! It's a new day!








0 comments:
Post a Comment