Waiting for...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
1:58 PM

Week 21, 22, and 23

Yeah, well, it has been a couple of weeks and I am many updates behind. So here are all of the bump updates, then I will do a couple of other posts to catch up. I'm being lazy!

Week 21 - Well, I have been pretty luck so far not to really have any stretch marks. I have noticed them I guess under my boobs, but I have no idea how long they've been there. Who would have ever thought to look under there before now? lol So, I may have gotten them there, but you can't really see them. I feel pretty lucky with that so far.

Week 22 - I definitely was noticing a sleeping pattern with Lil' man. He was waking up every couple of hours and kicking me for about 20-30 minutes. I could tell them time when he was moving because it was always 2 hours later. He is getting more active!!

Week 23 - I haven't been able to notice his sleeping patterns as much. He almost seems to move a lot more often now. His little kicks and punches are getting stronger and stronger. I was so excited that I haven't really noticed any swelling or anything. Well, just today, I noticed that my right knee was hurting on the side or back. When I look at it, it almost looks like it has a knot on the side of my leg. I'm not sure if its swelling or what is going on. For the last few weeks I also have been noticing that it hurts my heels to stand too long while getting ready in the bathroom in the mornings. I've found a pretty good remedy to help out. I wear my Yellow Box flip flops while I'm around the house barefoot. They are so squishy that it helps the extra weight. Well, I ask Kyle last night if it is possible to have less "meat" on one of my heels because my left one hurts more than the right one if I stand too long. I don't know why I haven't looked before now, but I looked last night at my heel. I have blood blisters all over my feet on the bottom at all of my pressur points. How weird is that? I hope this is totally normally or at least for some people? They are on my heels, the side of my foot, and the ball of my foot. No wonder it hurts to stand on them. My right food is not that bad. I may be finally feeling some of the pains of pregnancy. Besides getting fat, I haven't had any other problems. Here's a picture of my foot the best I could take it by myself turned to the side.



You're 21 weeks pregnant!

Gasp...is that a stretch mark?!! Take deep breaths and remember -- they'll fade after delivery. Your skin may also feel dry and itchy, especially over your emerging bump. Take a cue from your fetus, now coated by vernix (a milky, protective cream), and slather on the lotion.

Baby's now the size of a banana!



Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth).


You're 22 weeks pregnant!

Real estate within your belly is getting tight, with growing baby leaving little room for your lungs to...well...breathe. Expect the huffing and puffing to start soon. There's not much room for your belly button, either -- it'll pop out any day now.

Weeks 21-24 (Month 5): Papaya



Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

You're 23 weeks pregnant!

Swollen from head to toe? Increased blood flow, by now an old friend, is to blame. Consider a trip to the shoe store because loosening ligaments will cause your feet to expand even more in the weeks to come.

Baby's now the size of a papaya!



Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples!

1 comments:

Alyse said...

Hey, I am sorry about your foot. I had something similar once though and it was called "plantars warts". I know it sounds so nasty but I had to see a doc and have them removed cause they hurt so bad. My little sis got them in the locker room at SHS and then I got them from her. Just keep an eye on em.