
Well, my guess was right!! It's a wonderful little boy! We are so excited. I was secretly hoping for a little boy, because that was what I was convinced this baby was. I was right!! I took the picture above the morning before my ultrasound.
At this appointment, I weighed 142.6, my BP was 118/70, and his BPM was 154. Kyle met me at the doctor's office. We both sat patiently and anxiously in the waiting room. Of course, they call me back first to get all of the info above. Then, it was time to bring daddy back with me to get the first real glimpse of our sweet baby. She verified first if I wanted to know the sex. We both answered "Yes!" immediately. She squirts the gel on my belly and places the stick on my belly. Boom!! The first thing we see is little peanuts little pee pee! She said, well there is no doubt that it's a boy! He is not shy! Paint your room blue! We just both smiled as we watched the screen to see what else we could see. We saw 2 arms and legs and even 2 little feet. I saw a hand briefly go by and one punch thrown to my belly. LOL! I took Kristen's advice and drank a Mt. Dew before going, which was extremely early for all that caffeine. He was moving around all over in the belly. It was unreal to see him in there moving around. When I think of an ultrasound, I guess I think of it like a still photo. When he actually starting moving around, and we could see it on the screen, it was so crazy! My sweet little boy was all bunched up in my belly.
Here are the first glimpses of our little boy.
Here is little Peanut's face. It freaks me out a little, because he looks so scary. He is still such a cutie though!
These are his two precious little feet. The one on the left is the bottom of his foot, and the one on the right is turned to the side.
She said this one was his hand on his knee.
This is a side profile showing Peanut's little lips.
Here is his heart with four perfect chambers. His BPM was 154.
And here is the famous little pee pee! She said he was not shy! This was the first thing we saw when she put the thing on my belly. It was so funny!
I forgot to post a picture of Peanut's first gift. Yes, I still have to call him Peanut, because we haven't decided on a name yet. We both still really like Carter, so maybe I should call him Carter for the time being...even if it my be his middle name instead. Anyway, the adorable little onesies were his first gift from a friend at work. She saw them at TJ Maxx and couldn't resist getting them, when she knew I was pregnant. They are little newborn ones. They are just plain ol' white onesies, but they are the cutest thing I've ever seen! I've seen tons of these before, but I think when I know they are my little boys and he will be in them one day is what makes them so dang adorable that I can't stand it! Then, Kyle's mom just brought over the sweet little hats this past Sunday after we found out it was a boy. They say Lil' Bama fan. They are also the cutest thing ever, and I hope they fit him when he is born so that he can wear them while we are in the hospital. For some reason, I hate the hospital things! I can't help it. All babies wear the same little striped hats and have the same little striped blankets. I want mine to have his own things in the hospital. These little hats will be so cute on him, if they fit when he is born.
The only thing I have bought for Carter so far are things he can't use until he is a couple of years old. LOL. We've been having some really cool consignment stores that open for a couple of weeks every six months. I've gone to them and found some cute stuff or cheap. So far, he has a wooden rocking horse, a wooden rocking chair, and a high chair for each of his grandparents. The only thing I've bought otherwise is a pack of newborn diapers. I have two good friends that are pregnant with me due within the same week as me. They both have been out buying things. One of them even already has her furniture, the bedding, and some clothes that she's already washing to put in the furniture. Why am I so behind? All I have done is shop online and paste the things I like in a Word document to pick and choose from. I think I will get more in the swing of things when my wood/laminate flooring gets put down. That will mean that the dog room is no longer a dog room. It will then be Carter's room. I hope by then, I will be more eager to buy the furniture and bedding for him. I've been searching and have some things picked out, but I don't want to buy it just to put it in the garage, since his room is not ready. I'm hoping that the floors will get done in the next couple of weeks, and then it will be on with the shopping and decorating. A lot of the bedding I have picked already seems to be green and brown. I will probably pick out 3 or so and let Kyle make the final decision. I like around 3 of them about the same and can't decide, so he will be able to do that hopefully.
From the Bump.com
Your Pregnancy: Week 20
Congrats! You're halfway there...and at one of the great milestones of pregnancy. Increased blood flow is making the pelvic area extra-sensitive, libido is resurging, and the weight gain has just barely begun.
Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.




3 comments:
yah for the boy! i secretly wanted it to be a boy too. i put it on my blog. :) i am sooooooo excited!!!!
Congrats! You will be such a good mommy!
oh my goodness his name HAS to be Carter!! How appropriate! haha I like it!
Post a Comment