Waiting for...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
9:20 PM

Week 18 & Week 19

I am behind on the last two weeks. I am about to be 20 weeks in two days. Not to mention that I find out what little Peanut is on Friday at 9:15. I CANNOT wait! I have been convinced for months that it is a boy, but here lately everyone is trying to convince me its a girl. It will be such a surprise.

Here is what the Bump.com has to say:

Your Pregnancy: Week 18

As your growing uterus starts shifting your center of gravity (belly forward, bottom out), hormoes are causing your ligaments to relax and joints to loosen. The result? Back pain and soreness. On the bright sie, if you want to know baby's gender, this might be your first week fora sneak peak.

Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!



Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel movements.

Your Pregnancy: Week 19

Those nasty leg cramps are probably making it tough to get comfortable. One way to ease the pain: Extend your leg and flex your ankle and toes toward your knees. Or enlist your partner for a calf (and back!) massage. Good news: Your now-bulging belly should get you a little more compassion from everyone around you.

Baby's now the size of a mango!



Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lango, oil, and dead kin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might et to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

I hope to post again tomorrow with a sneak peak picture of Week 20 for a nice guess at the sex of the baby before we find out on Friday.

2 comments:

Teri said...

My guess is a Boy!

Kristen said...

i guess boy too!!! i am sooooooooo excited about tomorrow!!

p.s. that sweet potato looks freaky! lol