Kyle is a car salesman, so he rarely gets a day off except Sunday and Tuesday. Well, that is only one day with me for real, since I work on Tuesday. Half of the time, he still ends up going in on his day off. Now, they are allowing the salesman a Saturday off every however many number of salesman they have at the time...I think 7 now. So, he finally got a Saturday off this past weekend and checked out some Alabama tickets. Thank goodness we were playing at home that weekend, playing Arkansas, and it was the first SEC game of the season. Heather and Derek went with us too. He found us some awesome tickets in the North End Zone by the tunnel on the left side. We were right across from the end zone - 5 rows up. We had great close seats. The only bad thing was that it was kind of hard to see when the players were on the other end. Plus, if you are like me and don't know much about football plays, I would lose where the ball was going. I didn't have the TV camera man aiming the camera right at where the ball went. You know how you giggle when you can tell the camera man got faked out by the play they made, that kept happening to me. They tricked me several times, and I lost the ball. LOL.
We drove down late Friday night after Kyle got off of work. Luckily, Heather's sister still goes to school there and was sweet enough to let us all stay with her and her roomies. Heather and I did a quick hair wash when we got there to go out for the night. We went to the Houndstooth for a while. I was the coolest person in the whole place that was sober drinking my coke. LOL. It was packed!
Saturday morning, we slept in just a little bit because we stayed out late. Thank goodness this second trimester has kicked in, because I have a lot more energy and don't get as sleepy as fast as I used to. Heather and I took our sweet little time poking around to get ready. The boys made the mistake of taking a shower first instead of letting us get ready. Then, they were impatient waiting on us. Its probably a good thing that we took forever, because if we had gotten ready earlier, then we would be out in the middle of the pouring down rain. Right when we got ready, it started to pour. We waited and waited to see if it would stop, but it didn't. We headed out for the stadium, which was just a few blocks away. It was just pouring down rain on all of that hair and makeup we had just taken an hour to do. So much for all that. We had on rain coats and ponchos with our jeans rolled to our knees tracking through water puddles and rain. It was like there was a bubble around the stadium, because as soon as we got right by it, the rain stopped. I was so happy. We were soaked already, but at least it didn't rain during the game. We had great seats and had lots of fun cheering on the Tide to the 35-7 victory over Arkansas. Of course, that rain called for another hair washing before we could go out Saturday night. We went downtown this time to a little bar. The boys played pool and we just hung out. I am not a big drinker, but it is so hard not to want to be a social drinker when you are out like that and everyone around you is drinking. It really almost puts me in a bad mood. Everyone around you in the bar gets more and more annoying as they drink and you are drinking coke so you notice everything. LOL. Its worth it though, but it does make it hard and more the reason I just want to stay at home on the weekend instead of going out.
Sunday we got up and headed home. We stopped and ate some pretty good food at Santa Fe grill in Bessemer. It was pretty yummy. I was in much need of some real food, since we had really just eaten junk all weekend. I got home and slept for 3 hours! I was wore out. Before you know it, it was Monday again and time to go to work.
This week at work is the government's fiscal year end. So, we were pretty busy until today. Now, our system is shut down for two days. The work that I do cannot be done without our wonderful SAP system. So, that would be why I am blogging right now and possibly about to start reading my Eclipse book. I started it right after New Moon, but I stopped because of school. Its time to start back. I've missed my Edward! I need to get back to reading it now that I have a little more time.
I forgot to post during the 14th week and now I'm about to be 15 weeks. I am feeling really good these days. The belly is growing. I went to this thing we have called Kids Market. Its like the biggest consignment sale you could think of that filled up an old Linens and Things building. I was so overwhelmed. I don't know the sex yet, so I just went to by myself some clothes. I got 19 maternity items for like $135. I was so excited. I can't really wear all of the pants yet though since I am still in my normal clothes. I did get two bella bands while I was there and they are awesome. They feel so good on my tummy. They hold my pants up and keep my tummy warm in this cold building. It holds my tummy in too and just feels good. My tummy is getting a little tighter and harder. I can really tell its growing. I keep thinking (hoping) I feel the baby move, but when I put my hand down there, its really just my heart beating really hard in my tummy. I was looking forward to my 3rd appointment tomorrow, but it got rescheduled for the 9th. My doctor had a death in the family, so she had to reschedule. I was sad because that makes it one week longer that I find out the sex the next time. I guess it will be the first of November that I find that out. I can't wait to know! I am feeling much better though and hardly feel pregnant at all besides the growing belly.
Here is what the Bump.com had to say about Week 14 and now Week 15.
Your Pregnancy: Week 14
In theory, your uterus' ability to expand (14 times in size, 20 in weight) is awe-inspiring; in practice, it kind of hurts. When the aches and sharp pains hit your belly, think about this happy news: By now, your risk of miscarriage has gone way, way down.
Baby's now the size of a lemon!Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over her body for warmth.
Your Pregnancy: Week 15
Your gums may be red and swollen (thanks, hormones), so it's extra-important to take good care of your mouth right now. Brush often, floss gently, and see your dentist if you haven't already. Also, your now-cramped chest and abdomen (baby's growing fast!) might be making you a little short of breath.
Baby's now the size of a naval orange! Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet.
16 years ago




1 comments:
looks like yall had fun even if you did get full off of cokes all weekend. love the prego updates! keep taking pictures. not long til the big 20 week one! love you
Post a Comment