I feel bad that all I ever seem to have to post about lately is my weekly updates. I wish I was more creative with ideas to talk about on here, so that I could post more often. I thought of something that has been on my mind the last few days. It is still about my child, but it is my furry child.
My baby boy Jigga, who is now 5 years old, has been in some pain for a while now. A while back ago, he got to where he would only walk on his front two legs. Yes, this sounds odd, but the dog is talented. I would get him down and inspect him all over to try to figure out what was wrong with him. We have taken him to multiple vet visits. Their only diagnosis was that he had yeast infections between his toes that made it painful for him to walk on. They would give him medicine, which seemed to help him walk on all fours. Then, as soon as the medicine was over, he would be back to the awkward walking after a month or so. We are puzzled.
I change vets to a man that has been a family vet for years, but he was a little bit more of a drive away for us. He is just a normal country man that will tell you like it is and is not all about making the money off of you. I trust him and his judgment. I took Jigga to him back in June to look him over. He said right away it was not his feet as he mumbled some disgustment in the other vet. He smashed his finger between Jigga's toes and smelled it. Gross, I know. I told you he was just a country boy. Forget smearing stuff on slides and looking under the microscope. Why not just smell it?! lol A yeast infection would stink. He said Jigga's toes smelt better than most dogs he's smelled, which made me feel pretty good. However, he did say that Jigga was the first dog he had seen walking this way in a long time and that it didn't look good. He prescribed him medicine, which also really helped. After it was over, Jig was back to funny walking.
I finally worked up the nerve to call him again to go ahead and schedule an appointment for him to get x-rayed tomorrow. I will have to leave him with him all day, and he can't eat or drink after 10 PM tonight. My poor baby. I am so nervous as to what he will tell me is wrong. Jigga, like most pitbulls, can jump plum over my head in one spring. He once lunged at a balloon floating around the kitchen and popped it. From then on, we thought it was fun and cool to hang something from the ceiling that he could jump at until he got it down. He always would. It was so much fun for him, and he was always willing to show off to anyone new that came over. He was anxious to run over there and show them his trick. I am convinced that this crazy jumping has hurt his back or hips. I would feel horrible for contributing to this pain by letting him jump like that, but he really did enjoy it. I am just hoping that the vet will not tell me that he should be put to sleep. I know that is so selfish of me, and I know I will have to do it if he feels that is necessary. I am just not ready, like we most of the time, never are. He did suggest that he may be able to keep him on medication for the rest of his life that will relieve whatever pain he is in while walking. I am hoping that will be the case. We would then have to take him for routine blood work to make sure his organs were functioning correctly after taking all of this medicine. He not only has messed his back up, he now walks flat footed on the front two feet. All of the pressure from holding up the rest of the body has smushed his feet flat to where they spread out. They are supposed to walk on their toes. I just hope everything goes well tomorrow, and we are able to fix his problem in some way or another. I am just not ready to let go of my baby boy and our special moments together. Remember this post?
Ok, I am getting sad, so I will talk about peanut. I have been feeling a lot more movement these last couple of weeks. It is more like little thumps here and there. I haven't felt as many these last couple of days, which always makes me worry. I know I shouldn't, but I always do. My tummy goes up and down depending on what I eat. Some days I feel huge and others I feel small again. My pants are getting smaller, because now not only do I need to unbutton them, I need to also unzip a little. I wore my first maternity outfit on October 12th. The jeans that I bought at Kids Market barely fit. Two of them don't, and the other pair may only fit a little while longer. I am making these work pants last though with this wonderful Bella Band. I don't know what I would do without it.
I find out what I am having in only 2 1/2 more weeks. My next appointment is November 6th, and I am super duper excited and anxious. I can't wait to know. I am also excited that Kyle will be going back with me to this appointment. I like when he gets to experience it with me too. I told him not to worry with coming to the ones in between unless he wanted, because I am literally there for 10 minutes. A friend told me that I can use a DVD to record the ultrasound. I plan to try to remember to take one just in case I can. How awesome would that be?
I started looking at cribs online this past weekend. The anal organized person in me, made me paste all of the ones I like so far into a Word doc so that I could compare them. Below is my favorite one so far, but I've really only loved at two sites. My mind may change. Of course, I like one of the more expensive ones. I want a convertible crib so that it will change into a toddler bed. So, I made sure the headboard would still look pretty when it was a normal bed.
I have been dying to look at bedding, but its hard when I don't know what I'm having yet. I have still looked, but I get discouraged when I don't know what color I'm looking for. I don't like the traditional things. I like more modern or contemporary things. I am not big at all on the animals, trains, airplanes, and stuff like that. I like shapes, designs, or patterns. Hopefully, I will find something I love once we know.
Here is the weekly update from the bump.com on my 17th week:
Your Pregnancy: Week 17
Though increased blood flow is good for baby, it might be making you a little...damp. Body secretions (think sweat, mucus, nosebleeds, and vaginal discharge) are in full force. This week might also mark the first time you feel baby move inside you, but don't worry if it's another two months before you notice anything. (Or realize that this time, it's actually not gas.)
Baby's now the size of an onion!Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.
[ tip ] Soothe those awful itchies with an oatmeal soak. Add a cup of fine-ground oats to running bath water. Afterward, pat (don't rub!) yourself dry and moisturize like crazy.
16 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment