Well, last Thursday at 3:00 PM, we were invited to go to the beach. Heather and Derek made plans to go down for their anniversary, which was on the 9th. Kyle and I celebrated ours on the 5th at Connor's. They got to their condo in PCB, and they realized they had too much room. They called and invited us to come occupy that lonely empty room. Kyle and I talked it over for approximately 20 seconds and decided we would go. We told them we would come really early the next morning, but they werne't having it. We were heavily persuaded to come down that night! :) So, I got off work, cleaned the house, packed our bags, and we were out the door at 8 PM!!
We grabbed Wendy's and some gas on the way and drove 6 hours to PCB. I love the fist site of the ocean, and palm trees are my favorite trees. They just remind me of the beach and warm weather. We start calling H&D as we realize we only know the name of the condo and not the room number. Ring, ring, ring....no answer. Dial again, ring, ring, no answer. Getting a sick feeling in my stomach because by this time its 2:00 am. By 2:30-2:45, multiple calls to both of their phones, a call to the front desk for the room number that was closed until morning...we were so sleepy. I asked Kyle if we should sleep on the beach or in the car for a few hours until they wake up. He said he wasn't 16 any more, so we drove a ways down the strip to try to find a cheap hotel that looked desent, and we got a room. We didn't even take anything inside. We just went straight to our rooms and straight to sleep. About 3 hours later, Heather wakes up and calls. OMG, they felt so bad. We had to rub it in on them and make them feel worse, but it was funny to laugh about later.
At least we were there early enough in the morning that we got a good early start on the day. We headed out to the beach and burnt ourselves to a crisp. The water was so warm. I could have stayed in it all day! The sun wore me out, so I took a quick nap before getting ready for the night. We ate dinner at Raggae Jay's. I was looking forward to getting that same stuffed grouper I had last year, but they must have changed the menu. I was extremely sad. I got a grilled grouper or something like that instead. It was good, I'm sure, but I am not a seafood fan. I just really liked the other grouper and was expecting it to taste the same...and it didn't. We went to La Vela after that and hung out in the VIP for a couple of hours watching everyone dance like crazy. The boys went fishing over night. Heather and I went to sleep while they were out there and get a call at about 4:45 am. Kyle caught a freaking sting ray!! I couldn't believe it. We drug our butts off the couch and went across the street to see his big catch. It was pretty cool, but scary too. All I could think about was one of them killing the crocodile man. ha ha
Saturday, we went to the beach again. I had to be careful, because my poor shoulders were burnt bad. We got in the water again for a while and fought the rough waves. They beat the crap out of us. We buried Kyle in the sand. We made a body on the top of him out of the sand. It was pretty funny. We threw cheese-its on top of him so that all of the seagulls would attack him. I think we made this one lady mad. She kind of got attitude with me and asked if I knew that would make them hang around all day. I said yes. How funny that they weren't no where near her an hour later. We ate at the Back Porch Saturday night.
Sunday...man we leave today. We still went to the beach for a couple of hours to enjoy the pretty day. We needed lunch by now and ate at Sharky's. Sadly enough, it was time to leave. We left around 7 PM. I knew it would be a long night considering I had to go to work at 7:30 Monday morning. We finally got home around 1:00 am. I went right to sleep. We had a great time with a quick little weekend getaway. Thanks to H&D for inviting us down and letting us celebrate our anniversaries together. It was really nice.
16 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment