Waiting for...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
10:38 AM

Happy Anniversary!

Kyle and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary yesterday. The time has really flown by. I can't believe it has already been 3 years. It will be 15 before we know it. I have a feeling this will be one of the best years so far.

On our first anniverary, we went on a cruise with some friends to Mexico. That was so much fun!! I never was sure how I would feel about being out in the open water with no where to go. We really enjoyed it though. We were ready to come home after the 5th day though. I would like to go again sometime to somewhere besides Mexico. Our second anniversary last year, I think we went to Panama City? Isn't that bad that I can't remember. We had a really good time with just the two of us down there for a few days to relax. I ate for real seafood for almost the first time then. I had stuffed grouper. It was awesome! I normally hate seafood, but I figured that I would just try it down there where it was fresh. This year, we almost went to the beach this week, but we never followed through with it. Bummer, I haven't had a vacation for real all year!!

Our first anniversary, Kyle bought me an expensive pair of Seven jeans. I was so mad at him because he spent 300 times more than I did. I bought him a business card holder with his name on it since 1st anniversary are supposed to be something with paper. I guess I forgot that I told him that for all occassions, I just wanted him to start getting me expensive jeans. I wouldn't buy them normally, but he could get me just one pair for whatever occasion. I felt so bad because he spent way more than I did. I am trying to figure out what was going on for our 2nd anniversary, because I don't remember what we got each other for it? I think anniversary's and our birthdays are all running together. I want to say maybe he bought me clothes and some shoes....or maybe that was my birthday. Geeze, bad memory!! He's given me a good bit of jewelry too, so it is hard to remember.

This year, we just decided to go out to eat at our favorite place, Connor's. I was so hungry! I ate all of my salad, a couple of pieces of bread, the Boursin filet, and garlic mashed potatoes! Yummy!!! Kyle got a t-bone or some kind of steak, and he was very jealous of my filet. I ended up letting him eat half of it because I was so full already. I was stuffed to being miserable. We both had to sit at the table for like 10-15 minutes after eating to let it all settle. We definitely enjoyed that meal. We are trying to save money, so we didn't get each other anything this year. I am always good with that too, because he always out does me anyway. I can never seem to get him as good of things as he does me. He is so hard to buy for. I did just get him a new pair of jeans and golf shirts for no reason....or well, because I bought myself 2 new belts and a pair of cute flats. ha ha! So, I got him something too. I guess that works. We did actually say that he wanted some new tennis shoes, and I wanted some new clothes. We may go shopping this weekend or something together and let that be our gifts. :) Nothing better than picking out your own stuff.

I never updated on Kyle's surprise birthday present of the Jay-z tickets in Atlanta. We stayed in Atlanta Saturday and Sunday night for the concert on Sunday night. PJ and his girlfriend were already in Atlanta, so they met up with us on Saturday. We ate dinner at a different place each day, so that was fun. We ate at a nice place that night called Lucky's. After that, we went to a club called Cosmo Lavas. It was a really neat place. It had several floors that played different music kind of like that one in Nashville. I had a little more to drink than I meant to and started not feeling good. So, Jessica and I took at cab back to the room at 11:45 and went to sleep. Wow, that has never happened before!

PJ and Jessica left on Sunday. Kyle and I swam in the hotel pool to relax. Then, it was time to get ready for the big concert!! We get ready and leave to eat before hand. We ate at the Fox sports grill. We noticed it started to lightning outside. Oh great. Our concert was in an ampitheatre. So, we pulled up the weather on Kyle's nifty phone and see nothing but a huge mass of green, yellow, and red on the radar moving right for us. After we ate, we went to Target to get some ponchos, since it appeared we were going to get rained on. The concert was rain or shine. It started to poor down rain and lightning really bad on the way to the concert. We got stuck in about 30 minutes of sit still traffic. I was hoping the rain would slack up before we had to get out, but it didn't. Luckily, I had my big umbrella in the car too...but is that really safe either in bad lightning?? We parked at someone's house for $10 and walked up. We were late getting there, but the concert had not started. We waited another 20 minutes in line. Finally, we got in and found our seats. We waited patiently covered in poncho under a big umbrella as it poured down rain. So much for my cute outfit that Heather helped me pick out, because it was covered in such a trendy poncho. After waiting in this mess for an hour, they finally come on and report the bad news....the concert is cancelled and they have no plans to reschedule at this time. They were concerned for our safety in the storm since it was only going to get worse. Talk about a let down!! Kyle was so upset. He was about to see his favorite rapper ever, and they ruined it!! I heard later that Jay-Z's plane never landed because of the storms. Ticketmaster refunded my money about a week later. Man it stinks!! I still haven't seen a rescheduled date.





0 comments: