Waiting for...

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
9:01 AM

Better Luck

Maybe I will have better luck this week than I seemed to have last week. I think having my purse stolen really messed me all up. I have gotten most of my debit cards and stuff back already, so that is good. I still have a few more things to get, but I'm getting there. My insurance has been awesome and so helpful. I get to go shopping to replace a few of my things. Sadly, there is no replacing the LV that was a gift. I am not buying another really expensive purse again. I never have been one to want to spend a lot on a purse. Kyle always spoiled me with those. I also was mad last week that I ordered a gift for my friend on like May 20th from Target.com. They didn't have it in the store, or I would have just run there really quick. I patiently waited for the latest expected arrival date which was June 2nd. It had a UPS tracking number that said the billing information was received on May 22nd. Why have I still not gotten it? I finally called UPS to get more info on the tracking number. They said all they had received was the billing information and that they never have gotten the item. They referred me back to Target, which said the item must have gotten lost somewhere. So, the last ordered me a new one. I asked could it not be shipped to me fast since I was supposed to get it 2 weeks ago. She put in for a 2 day shipment and applied a promotion. Its actually going to be less than it was originally. Yah! At least something good came out of it. The thing is that I still have something else to do with the gift that will take a couple of days before I can still give it to her. I might as well make it a Christmas gift now! haha j/k

Last Thursday night, I got to babysit my good friend's little boy. I went to her house to keep him so that she could go to a recital. She is a teacher and the studio is her sister's. So, everyone that could normally keep him was going to be at the recital...even the normal sitter whose both girls also dance there. I was excited that she would think to ask me. He was in a mood too. I fed him a bottle as soon as I got there. He was so grouchy after that. I had to stand at the front glass door looking outside to calm him. He is no little baby either...he is a chunk. So, it was really hard to stand with him for long. Nothing I did made him happy. Finally, he calmed down. I think I figured out why...he pooped! I checked him to see if he had, and I got it on my finger. I hollered ewww gross!! He smiled really big. I said oh you think its funny now. haha I was just happy he was happy for the moment. I got him all changed and put him in his play pin while I ate some lunch leftovers really quick. He was running a marathon from his back in there. I got him back out and we watched TV. He got unhappy again for a while, but his little swing that plays music seemed to sooth him. I could tell he was getting sleepy, so I got him out and rocked him. He fell asleep at 8:50...20 minutes before daddy got him. haha I still had fun though. I love babies even when they are unhappy. He is not normally that way. I guess he had a bad day getting passed around to a bunch of dancers that wanted to hold him. haha He is so sweet.

Saturday was my friend Lindsey's birthday. She wanted us all to go white water rafting, but everyone wouldn't confirm ahead of time since payment was needed up front, and we missed out on having a raft. So, we went canoeing instead. Kyle wasn't able to get off of work, so I promised Lindsey I would be her canoe mate. I think that was a bad idea! The group of boys we went with are always wild. They had a hit list out on our canoe since the birthday girl was in it. They took the cooler's out of our canoe that was keeping us weighted down and started rocking us from side to side. I so didn't want to be flipped out of the canoe. Its not the water that I would have minded, but just the thought of my canoe sinking and how would we get it out of the water. They would go full speed and t-bone us in the side. It was crazy. One of the other guys that was in one by himself ended up flipping his. It filled up with water, but it didn't sink as bad as I thought it would have. They finally got him back into his just for him to flip out later again. They were eating raw fish that they would catch...I mean they are nuts. We had a good time though. It felt like we were never going to be finished. It took us 6 hours to go 6 miles. I got me a nice tan including permanent flip flops. Awesome!! I was worn out. I rushed home and went over to Angie and Josh's for a cookout. We stayed the night because they live like 30 minutes away. I got up early yesterday morning to get back to let the doggies out. I cleaned the house, washed clothes, and then napped. Kyle and Derek went out on the creek yesterday, since he didn't get to go to the river Saturday. They actually didn't have any mishaps. I was so surprised.

Hopefully this week will be better than last. We will see! Have a great week!

0 comments: