I don't really feel like I have much to update on baby wise. I had my 32 week appointment 2 weeks ago. It is time for my next appointment on Wednesday. Everything is moving right along. I believe I now weighed around 155 lbs. Carter's heart rate gets lower each time, which they say is normal. I can tell he is running out of room in there, so his movements are really big and move my whole belly. My feet and legs are starting to swell a little bit. They aren't massive or anything like that yet, but when I sit all day with my legs dangling, they tend to swell a little. My socks leave rings around my right ankle pretty bad cutting off the circulation. My shoes sometimes feel tight, and they look wide when I take them off where I am probably stretching them out. This is why I am glad I've just been wearing flats, so that I'm not messing up my other normal shoes.
Kyle's family shower went great. We had a really good turn out. We had to make a trip to Montevallo for it. I was pretty tired after that day. I started reading Dear John for the two hour trip there. Kyle's mom and aunts did a really good job on the shower. They had a whole booklet of games printed off for everyone to do with lots of good food from Publix. We were pretty late getting home that night, so I was pooped.
I was sad it was dark on the way home, so I couldn't read any more of my Dear John. I was attempting to read it before the movie came out. I've had it for months, because I bought it at the same time that I bought Twilight. I've put it off for so long that Heather threatened she was going to see the movie with or without me. I was afraid to watch the movie first, because then I didn't see myself wanting to read the book after that. I was afraid it would ruin the ending. So, I stayed up until 1 am Thursday night before the movie came out reading the dang thing! I finally finished. It was a good book! We went to see the movie opening night after work last week. The movie had the same plot line, but it did not follow the book much at all. I was a little disappointed, but the movie was still great. And goodness is John (Channing Tatum) not so cute! He made the movie even better. LOL I think I liked the ending of the movie a little more than the book. They were different. We had a good time.
My friend Brandi and I that are due on the same day had our shower on the same day too. Luckily, they were at different times, so I was able to go to hers. She is technically on bed rest, so she couldn't come to mine. It is so funny how we are carrying our babies so different.I had my friend's shower this weekend too. OMG - They did an amazing job on my party. They had so much yummy food! It ended up being left overs just in time for the Super Bowl too, so that was ok. This was the boy/girl shower. Heather made a really cute diaper cake. I love it. They all worked hard on everything. They even made cute game pamphlets too with my maternity pictures on them. We had a good turn out there too and got lots of more good gifts. Carter is already going to be spoiled and loved so much!! I have a work shower next week, and then my family shower is the 28th. I have got to get his room together to get all of this stuff put away!! :)
I ordered a few bags of personalized M&M's with 4 different sayings and put them in blue tins that said thank you on them. They said Carter Jace, Kyle & Melissa, Thanks 4 coming!, and We love you! They turned out pretty cute.
Here are the new floors! Yah!! Then, we messed it all up by piling it full of stuff to put floors in the other rooms.
Well, the time is ticking down quickly! I've been to two other friend's showers as well. One is due any day now, and the other one will be going in the first of March. So many preggers around here lately! It won't be much longer until we get to meet little Carter Jace. Kyle and I are so excited and anxious to kiss his sweet face and bring him home with us!




1 comments:
YAY!
You are almost done... I can't wait to see pics of your baby... Tell your friends to stop drinking the water... =} That's what I have always heard when alot of ppl around each other get preggers
Post a Comment